Friday, May 13, 2011

You're Gonna Miss This

I have found myself repeating the four words in this title over and over lately. My 3-year-old has been "challenging" lately. Can any other mothers out there feel my frustration? My Allie showed her extremely strong will at about 18 months and it has sent Josh and I to our knees in prayer more than any other person, thing or circumstance in our life. A few months ago, I thought age along with maturity was setting in and I was delighted with Allie's increasingly obedient and compliant personality. But something hit this past month and I have been stunned by some of the things this child has said and done. Last week, she woke up grumpy as usual and then asked me for her warm cup of milk. I replied with "just a minute, sweetie". She glared at me, stuck out her lower lip and said, "it's your job to get me milk". Wow....I asked the Lord for wisdom and some patience to extinguish my anger and that little blue-eyed girl was sent to her room while I considered what her consequences should be. How do we teach our children gratitude in this self-absorbed country where children are given so much in life? I welcome any comments from you moms out there!

On the bright side, Mother's Day ended up being pretty wonderful (despite the 11, 2&3-year-olds I had to teach in Sunday school that morning). Josh brought me a Starbucks and flowers to start my morning off. After church, both girls slept for 2 1/2 hours and I made the most of that time and layed on the couch doing absolutely NOTHING but watch tv. :) We then drove down to Coronado, our favorite place, and tried this BBQ place that I have been itching to try for months.
Lil' Piggy's Bar-B-Q!!!
It was so yummy and casual so we didn't have to worry about the girls being loud :)
 Me and My Girls!
 Lil' Katie Kat
My Allie
After dinner, we took the girls to the park nearby and let them get some energy out.
I am not much of a gardener but my rose bushes just bloomed a few days ago and they are gorgeous! I give all the glory and honor to God because I don't have a clue when it comes to plants.



Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment