Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Time

Vibrant Spring colors are my absolute favorite! I love celebrating Easter and the joyful significance of a risen Savior. Each year becomes even more delightful as Allie gets older. Last Wednesday we dyed eggs while on a play-date but I think their little hands absorbed more dye than the eggs.

As usual, I was asked to bring dessert to each family gathering on Sunday, so I made my man's favorite cookie- the sugar cookie with cream cheese frosting. Allie was having trouble resisting the urge to lick her knife every 2 minutes while frosting so I had her handle the sprinkles.
Her Royal Highness
Allie's Artwork
The day before Easter I went to get a pedicure with a good friend of mine. I wanted a bright, chick yellow to match my dress so I picked the lightest yellow they had. Turns out, it looked way different in the bottle.
(Looks like "Big Bird" Yellow)
The women in the salon would look at my toes, laugh, and then chat with each other (and obviously I couldn't understand them). So I finally worked up the courage to ask them to repaint my nails in a safe, pink color.
Here are a few pics from Easter Sunday:



Loving their baskets!















.... Janelle

1 comment:

  1. haha, you posted the big bird toes photo...LOVE it! and those family pictures are gorgeous. you 4 are all so beautiful together. (well, i don't know if i'd call josh beautiful, but you know what i mean)

    ReplyDelete