Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A New Addition

Ok....sooooo we welcomed a new member to our little family.
Meet...
Ginger :)
I never thought we would EVER get another dog after our last puppy catastrophe. When Katie was 5 months old, we got an adorable German Shepherd puppy but I was woefully unprepared for the daunting task of raising and training a puppy (they are worse than newborns); so I begged my husband to give the puppy away after a week of getting no sleep. I had made up my mind that I just wasn't an animal person anymore. Well, little Katie adores dogs (as does my husband) and so when we heard that some friends could no longer keep their 3-year-old Golden Retriever, who was already trained, we decided we would take her. Ginger has been a wonderful dog. She sleeps on her bed in my room at night and never disturbs me. Katie and Ginger have a special bond that is just adorable. I have found them lying on the floor together before bed.

On Saturday, I took Allie to see the movie "Winnie the Pooh" and Josh took Katie on a date to the golf course :)

The girls have been playing really well together recently, which gives me a little extra "me" time during the day! They are such goofy little girls.

I'm pretty sure Allie is going to become a fashion designer. Her clothing choices crack me up but it is rather difficult when we are going out in public because she does not like what I make her wear :)

And here is my little bathing beauty. I don't like to waste diapers when we are in the backyard and Katie doesn't seem to mind.
I am planning on ordering a Bible study by Beth Moore on the life of David and developing a heart like his. If anyone is interested in joining me, I would love to have company.

Janelle


1 comment:

  1. Such cute little girls! I hope you and Allie liked Winnie the Pooh...and I would love to do a Bible study with you but what would be do with the kiddos? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete